Monday, April 26, 2010

Opening Day

Saturday was Opening Day for NYB. The boys were super excited for their first game. I wasn't sure they were even going to play because of the rain the night before. The boys' games were back to back with Camden's first. Camden moved up to the Pre-K/K league where they play outs and the coaches pitch. If they don't hit the first 4 balls then they can hit off the tee. Unfortunately for Carson they canceled all the rest of the games for the day. He was devastated that he didn't get to go out onto the field and I don't blame him. Any other week Carson plays the first game but for some reason this week was different.
Go Scrappers and Raptors!!!!
Here goes the (first) pitch. Camden did really well, getting a hit each of the three times he was up to bat. He didn't have to use the tee and he didn't get out. Two things he really doesn't want to happen.
It's a hit!!
Close call at the plate?!? Not really...as you can see there's nobody within 15 feet of him, and that ball was not the ball that was hit. He just wanted to get dirty...especially after a night of rain...nice:)  Uncle Drew we need some instruction on the sliding.
 It was nice to see all of the kids playing a "position" and staying in their spots.  We even got 10 outs (Camden was keeping track)!  Way to go Raptors!!
Camden fielding the ball.
We even cheered our teammates on in unison.
 Carson looking on and trying to wait patiently for his game.  Hard thing to do for a 3 year old.
(Keep scrolling down for another updated post)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Your boys are so adorable! We have got to meet when we come to visit IN in July! We will be in town July 19-30. I think that Greentown fair is at that time. So maybe we can meet up there or something. I am anxious to meet your mom and all of you. The only other person that I have meet on the Baxter side of the family is Aunt Cindy. I think that Mark and Chandler would have ball with your boys.