Saturday we celebrated Cooper's 2nd birthday with all things Curious George. George is a big hit with all 3 boys. They love the books, the PBS show, and the movie. It was so cute to see how excited Cooper was for his birthday party. All he talked about was who was coming and the candles on his monkey cake. And once we picked up the balloons, they became the topic of his conversations. I've always said that once I became a parent my kids' birthdays were my absolute favorite days of the year, and seeing the twinkle in Cooper's eyes all day long knowing that all the excitement was for him reminded me why I stress so much to make their day as perfect for them as possible.
**More photos are in the web albums**
Curious George likes to paint on the walls...so I put up butcher paper so the kids could color on the walls...which they all enjoyed. Cooper apparently thought it might be fun to color on Bennett as well.
**More photos are in the web albums**
Curious George likes to paint on the walls...so I put up butcher paper so the kids could color on the walls...which they all enjoyed. Cooper apparently thought it might be fun to color on Bennett as well.
Cooper is a sweet little boy but he can be sneaky...and here he is sneaking a swipe of icing off his cake:) I guess he is allowed since it is his birthday.
He had this shy little smile on his face while we were singing to him. He wouldn't look up at anyone but he was happy:)
Digging into his banana cake and ice cream...YUM!
Showing us how old he is now!
He's all partied out but still not letting go of his balloons. He has been carrying them around for 2 days.
This is on Sunday right before bed. He was asking for more cake. He hadn't had any and since it was his actual birthday I thought he deserved some. His brothers were already in their room with Chris so it was just Cooper and me at the table enjoying a little quiet time and cake. What I didn't know is all he really wanted was to blow out the candles again. He insisted on me putting candles in his piece of cake and lighting them so he could blow them out again. Just had to get one more celebration in before his day was over. As soon as he blew them out, he pushed it away and said "done" and was ready for bed. He didn't even take one bite! This age can be challenging at times, but it is also times like this that I love and cherish.
1 comment:
He is precious Amy. Great pics! Your cake is fabulous C: They grow up fast don't they! Aubbie will be 3 at the end of December....crazy how they go from babies to little people! Have a great Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment