Well it has been years (at least 20) since I remember having an ice storm like the one we've just had. All of central Indiana has been shut down for 3 days! The first day out of school was great...everyone is happy to have a day off, the second day...not too bad, got a little stir crazy by the afternoon but don't think I want to be stuck inside for a 3rd straight day with 3 energy packed boys, BUT the third day does come and I decided that if we don't get out of the house we might not all come out of this ice storm alive. So we decide to venture out down to Abby's house for a little while. That was a life-saving visit for everyone involved. Then in the afternoon the boys went and played at a friend's house. Thank goodness! It is nice to be able to spend time together but there is a reason why the boys go to school, and Chris goes to work.
Cooper only goes outside with sunglasses on. He has always had light-sensitive eyes. I don't blame him though it is really bright when the sun reflects off the ice/snow.
Cooper only goes outside with sunglasses on. He has always had light-sensitive eyes. I don't blame him though it is really bright when the sun reflects off the ice/snow.
The boys got out to play on the ice 2 of the 3 days off. Big chunks of ice for everyone! I feel like Antartica came to us. If I had to imagine what it looked like all I had to do was look out my backyard....little bit of snow and lots of ice. It was really pretty when the sun reflected off the trees and fields.
Cooper going down the slide.
The coolest thing I think the boys experienced with the ice was sliding down their slide onto the ice. They would slide an additional 8 feet or so beyond the slide. I reminded them that is how penguins get around on the ice. I didn't go down but it looked like lots of fun.
Camden taking a turn.
No comments:
Post a Comment