Monday, November 7, 2011

Bruins Football

Alright, now that we are in between seasons for sports, we have a little breather and I have time to actually sit down and blog a little about our busy fall with football and soccer. This was the boys' first experience playing flag football. They had so much fun and learned a lot (thanks to a great coach). It is cute to see Camden watching college and NFL football now and actually point out some of the plays and talk football lingo. Also about half of their team was from OLG, which added to the fun they had playing.
This was their "mean" football face before their first game!
Carson off and running. He was the youngest on the team, and was a late add-on when there weren't enough players to practice at one of the practices before the games started. It was a great learning experience for him and he is looking forward to playing 2 more years in the K/1 league.

Now I understand why there are so many coaches standing on the sidelines of the football field. It really does take a lot of coaches to organize a football team, and is even more important for the little ones. Chris helped out this year and I think it is safe to say he learned just as much as the boys.
Camden running in for a touchdown!  Next year he moves up to tackle (not sure how I feel about that)!

No comments: