Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Zoo in July...

We don't usually like to take trips to the zoo in July because it is usually so blazing hot. But because it has been mild and Sid the Science Kid was going to be there we decided to go. Tatum and the girls went with us and it turned out to be a fun day! We were able to spend some time at the Komodo Dragon exhibit and they were pretty cool to see. We learned some interesting facts. I asked Camden what he learned from the volunteer who was talking and he was amazed that they could eat a Water Buffalo. Carson's favorite were the Monkeys (who were a bit out of control that day). There was one in particular who was upsetting the rest of the monkeys and was causing a commotion. My ever so curious child (Camden) wanted to know why their bottoms were so red. I had to come up with an answer quick and my response was they they got sunburned. He was satisfied and so was I. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...at least for now.
Sid the Science Kid is a PBS show that the boys like.

Cooper and this baby elephant have something in common.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Abby Ford said...

Fun day!! Adorable pictures. Love the story...next time, just tell Camden that Uncle Zach can explain it. He would love fielding those tough questions :)