Friday, February 5, 2010

Children's Museum

What to do on cold winter days with the boys??? By the time January and February roll around I find that I ask myself this over and over. We have major cabin fever right now and Thursdays seem to be the hardest. Today we packed up lunches and headed to the Children's Museum (we are official members now and will be making more trips there in the future). We picked a great day to go. I think this was the first time we've been there and it not be a zoo of people, kids, and strollers. I even dressed the boys in red shirts out of fear that I would loose one of them (that happened temporarily the last time I was there). However we spent almost 4 hours there and covered most of the museum...the highlights were the Dinosphere of course (that was first), the Train Exhibit, the Egyptian Exhibit, and the Science corner.
Carson and his Triceratops...I have never met a 3-year old so obsessed with Dinosaurs before. He definitely knows more names and facts about them than I do.
Poor Cooper...he was one reason why I wanted to get out of the house. He is sick with a cold and just hung out in his stroller napping. When we got home he did have a fever:( He was much happier in his stroller than at home where he just kept getting frustrated with wanting to play and not feeling well. 
 The boys are in the "airplane" on their way to Egypt.  If you look out you can see the city of Cairo, the pictures changed throughout the flight.  Camden's new obsession is with maps.  He can point out most of the states, so he thought it was so cool when they showed the map of where they were going.  It also vibrated as we were landing.  I think this was Camden's favorite part.
When in Egypt...stick out your tongue for a picture (lately they think it is really funny to stick out your tongue when Mommy is taking a picture). Very cute exhibit...I really enjoyed it myself.
 
Carson was actually afraid of this Nile Croc.  Then he saw someone else go up and sit on it.  After that he looked at me and said, "Mommy, its just pretend?  Can I touch it?".
The Science Corner (forget the exact name), but it is always a must-visit whenever we go to the museum. There is so much to do, espcially for boys.

No comments: