Still playing "catch-up" on the blog. We have been busy doing so many fun things this summer I just can't keep up on the journaling. Anyways, here are some pictures of Camden's first try-athlon he did in Kokomo. He did so well and we were so proud of him for attempting one. It was very official...complete with his number written on his right arm and leg, having his bike and helmet inspected, and a anklet timer that kept his splits.
Camden received his lane assignment and is ready to swim one lap down the pool (25-yards). He wore a life jacket because I entered him as a "non-swimmer". He can't quite make it a full 25 yards yet.
One thing this kid doesn't lack is determination. He so competitive and always tries his best.
Transitioning from swim to biking. We were trying to be fast:)
Uncle Drew ran next to him during his bike. I was glad he was able to do that. I think it helped having someone cheer him on all the way, plus he had to go out onto the road and even though they had lots of volunteers everywhere directing the kids it just helped having someone next to him. Finishing up the 1 mile bike and getting ready for his 1/2 mile run.
Just about to the finish line. I ran with him during the run. I didn't want him to sprint until the end. He kept looking back to make sure no one was going to pass him. There wasn't anyone in front to try to catch. The little girl running by him passed him about 1/2 way through the run. He wanted so bad to pass her but his side hurt. We paced until we could see the finish line and then he sprinted and ended up beating her.
Good strong finish and ready to receive his participant medal.
Going up to receive his trophy for 1st place in his age group!! So proud of him:)
He said to me on the way home, "Mommy this is like a real trophy!"





1 comment:
Okay, I already knew how well he did, but seeing the first picture before the swim made me nervous for him (and a little scared about him swimming all the way across the big pool)...I guess that is the godmother coming out in me.
Too cute!
Post a Comment