Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Breakfast in Bed

A new routine is in the making. When Camden wakes up he will usually come in our bedroom and want to lay with me for 10 or 15 minutes before wanting to eat breakfast. However he has now figured out how to serve himself his own breakfast (and Carson when he is awake). His new favorite breakfast is a plain frozen waffle (or 2). He calls them freezing waffles. So in the morning he will go get a waffle and his milk and bring them back to bed and turn on the TV to watch a little Disney (so independent). This morning Carson was also awake so they had breakfast in bed together. These are the times I am thankful that I am able to stay home with the boys. With Camden turning 3 this Sunday, I know these days are going to be gone before I know it and he will be off to school spending more time with his teachers and classmates than with me. Sometimes the last 3 years have seemed like a whirlwind but I try to take a little time each day to savor the moment that I do have with them, whether it is lying with Camden before his nap or holding Carson before his, or listening to them interact with each other.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I posted a comment, but it didn't work...user error probably. I will try again...

I would like to be served my waffles in bed (although I prefer them toasted)...and i love the paci in one hand and the waffle in the other. XO

Abby