
Four years ago today Chris and I became parents for the first time and we couldn't be any prouder of our 4 year old. It was a hard concept for him to understand that we celebrated his birthday on a day that wasn't his birthday, so he was very excited about today as you can imagine. I didn't see him for most of the day. I let him stay the extra time at school today. It was like he was a first grader. My baby was at school from 8-3 (he came home and slept for an 1 1/2). I was somewhat sad of this because he was soooooo excited to do so. His teachers said that he reminded them that he was staying for "Lunch Bunch" at least 20 times during the morning (and I'm sure he did so). Now that he is four he doesn't need me to hold his hand every step of the way; he's just growing up so quickly. I know there will still be plenty of times he will need me so I got over it. Today is also Mardi Gras (how fun is it to have your birthday on Mardi Gras?!?), so we went to the church tonight for some Mardi Gras games and crafts and ended the evening with childrens' prayer time in the church. I think he had a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment